1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained in a colander
1/2 bell pepper, cut or town into 2 inch pieces
1/2 medium yellow onion, cut into wedges
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1 egg, beaten
1/2 Tablespoon chili powder
1 Tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup bread ground oats and or 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
(Optional) Avocado slices, tomato slices, greens and/or sprouts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mash black beans into a thick paste, leaving some chunks of beans for texture.
- In a food processor (preferably), finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic; stir into mashed beans.
- In a small bowl, stir together chili powder, cumin, salt and Fibergy.
- Stir the egg and powder mixture into the mashed beans, then mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is well-combined and holds together.
- Divide mixture into four patties, lightly grease the tops of the patties (if desired) and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve black bean patties on whole wheat buns with optional toppings, such as avocado slices, tomato, lettuce greens and/or sprouts.
Book an appointment with Linda